Tuesday, November 10, 2009

30 Soles: Someone order a Double Shot?!


THE SHOE (S): Black satin ballet flats by American Eagle & Black crosstrainer sneakers by Athletic Works


THE WHY: Sunday and Monday were hectic! Between work school, packing and plans for the CSU World Unity Fair (I am with the Japan Club booth) I've barely had a moment to myself! Hence why I'm combining Sunday and Monday today! There will be a shoe post for Tuesday today as well! I swear! But at the insistance of MagnificantDebra... I am posting my work shoes and what I like to call my "out of the house slippers" Both are plain and simple but they have the support to get me through the busy days! My work shoes have seen breakfast lunch, dinner and midnight snacks and icecream treats in their three years of living with me. They saw me through my assistant manager position at Dairy Queen with ten hour days on Drive Thru... and my latest job in the kitchen of the Corbett/Parmelee Dining Hall of CSU. They really are quite dirty... I should wash them.


My ballet flats have a bit of a history as well. They were my first pair of ballet flats and travelled to Hawaii, the mountains, California and North Carolina with me. I take them everywhere! They make fantastic in air shoes! So comfy and easy to slip on and off.... and not to mention adorable! The reason I wore them on Sunday and Monday... I needed a reprieve! And what a glorious rescue these shoes are!


TIDBIT: I'm letting you all know well in advance... expect some strange shoe-fellows next week! I've lined up a special guest or two!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, a tease! What fun! I'm looking forward to meeting your strange shoe-fellows.

    I like the shoe histories...how fun to know your ballet flats are so well traveled.

    I think your tennis are holding up remarkably well..mine are now covered with red paint from my trim painting project...now those look like work shoes!

    ReplyDelete