Tuesday, November 17, 2009

30 Soles: Miss! Your Slipper!

THE SHOE: White strappy leather sandal heels by Unlisted purchased at Macy's
& Patent leather standard issue dress shoes provided by the USMC


THE WHY: These shoes matched my ball gown and were just the right height for me in comparision to my man. It was finally my night to be Cinderella!! The United States Marine Corps. 234th Birthday Ball was November the 14th this past Saturday and I can't even begin to describe the wonderful time I had. It was absolutely perfect, once I had the typical female scramble to get ready and all dolled up for the event. It was at the Officer's Club at Camp Lejeune and it was wonderful to see everyone dressed to the nines! The ceremony in celebration of the birthday like many military ceremonies was very formal and well organized... but the Chaplin's prayer a tad long... I must say. And it was agonizing not having eaten for several hours and have a giant cake sitting in front of you for nearly 20minutes. After that we headed to the banquet room where a lovely dinner which included filet mignon was served! This was followed by the guest of honor a Colonel speaking on complacency in the military... motivating but perhaps a little grim for the event. After chatting with the lovely women and men at our table and a slice of delightful marble cake. Reagan and I danced the night... well until midnight away! He really only wanted to dance to the slow songs but I didn't mind in the least! It was so nice to do something as a couple for a change and be so close to him. After the ball we went out for a few drinks with some of his buddies and I got to talk more with some of the fellow girlfriends. Its wo wonderful how nice everyone is and they understand how tough being a Marine's girl can really be! I hope I've begun to grow some lasting friendships!


TIDBIT: A photo with my Prince Charming and PS: Did you spot the guest on my shoe blog!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Cinderella! You look sooo beautiful! Your ballgown is just perfect for you. The profile pic of the 2 of you captures your happiness so well!

    It looks like those Marine standard issue patent leather dress shoes are stepping on your perfectly manicured pinkies! What a great shot! That photo needs to be framed and put on your wall! It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did tread upon my delicate tootsies a bit while we danced but I can't blame him too much!

    ReplyDelete