Tuesday, November 3, 2009

30 Soles: The Power Suit

Supposed to be posted on Nov, 2nd
And Shoes to Match!

THE SHOE: Patent leather heels Fioni brand, Payless

WHY: These shoes were my choice today because I felt the need to have a little extra courage for the day. As is typical for Colorado fall... the weatherman said 45... well it was 35 and more dreary then a foggy day in London.... but mostly because I was feeling puny due to my exam today. American Literature is normally fairly easy for me but for some reason... nad I blame Emily Dickenson, I was feelinga little uneasy about this exam.
I've always felt that every woman should have one pair of shoes in thier closet that when they put them on they feel pretty unstoppable. These are my shoes. They aren't expensive or gaudy, just shiny and black, but they tell everyone that I'm going to step right up and take the challenge... and if I get dirty... its nothing a little polish can't fix. Let's hope that hols true for my exam!


TIDBIT: Mary Tudor of England was actually one of the first women to wear high heels and make the shoes in fashion for females as opposed to males who used the heel for riding.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yea! Day two! I'm telling my blogfriend Spud about you...she'll be tickled about the foggy day in London quip. Thanks for the history lesson, I did not know that about Mary Tudor or heels for riding...We all can learn something here!
    Yes, nice basic black pumps are a wardrobe essential, but the heels...I want to see the heels, 5 inch? I can't believe your feet aren't killing you after walking across campus...Do you put those non-skid stripes on the bottom so you don't slip on the ice? You have lovely legs that need to stay in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These heels are about 3.5inches tall. Unfortunately my 5.5inch heels are at my closet at home as they are really heavy to travel to school with I may take a snap of them as a bonus when I go home before my trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, Must must! Do the 5.5 have a platform? Think you may have posted a pic earlier? They are killer. Oh, I'd almost forgotten about the ball! We'll get to see ball shoes too! You'll have to pre-post so you don't have to worry about it on your trip! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete