Wednesday, November 11, 2009

30 Soles: Deja Vu We've Been Here Before


Sorry, about the multiple day updates but this week is wreaking havoc with my time management and I'm about to go nuts in anticipation for my trip to Camp Lejeune this weekend... sooo here we go!


THE SHOES:Black patent leather heels by Fioni and black vinyl ballet flats MAXI by RAVE


THE WHY: The power shoes were definately a choice for Tuesday's insecdurities. I had left the fate of a script rough draft turn in to someone who was rather irresponsible. Needless to say I made and printed my own version just in case.... granted he sorta turned in a copy. But that is a fiaso I'd rather not discuss. Needless to say I needed my power shoes to give me some courage and faith in other people... and because the only clean jeans in my closet were too long for flats!


Today's choice was simple flats I have the same pair in white, but the black ones are definately more versitile. I had my conversation partner volunteering today and it was super interesting but as always I am intimdated by some of the views and the egos of some of the middle eastern male students, and my shoe choice reflected that. Around them and many men I'm sad to say, i want to feel small and meek... not a boustrious American broad. Timid and submissive to their at times chauvanistic views. And when we talked about our dream jobs and I mentioned being a housewife they all chattered something in Arabic and when I asked what they responded "Now why can't every woman think that way!" It made me shrink in my seat a little bit. However someday I still want to visit Saudia Arabia and the Middle East... but for today I slipped away quietly in my dainty black shoes.


TIDBIT: My boyfriend is being a jerk with regards to this blog therefore upon seeing him I will proceed to throw a shoe at his head... okay no really but the thought has crossed my mind.

1 comment:

  1. All sorts of deep psychological drama going on with the shoes here! I'm reminded of a book title; The way you do anything is the way you do everything! (or something like that...a journal anyway...So, these shoes are talking...I love it!

    ReplyDelete