Wednesday, November 4, 2009

30 Soles: Drop Me Into Wonderland!

THE SHOE: Patent leather pin heel tea party-esque No Boundries heel with ankle strap (And hold your breath ladies... Wal-Mart)

THE WHY: Well today's original shoe selection was a pair of black ballet flats but as this modern day Alice but despite urging of my white rabbit (my boyfriend) that I would be late if I didn't hurry it up, I couldn't resist the call of these charming little shoes. I found them by sheer chance in a Wal-Mart several rabbit holes away (Colorado Springs) and I thought well despite their normal use for my frolics into the Japanese Victorian and Rococco inspired Lolita fashion... today would be the day I would answer their cries of loneliness. And they rewarded my justly. Not only did they match the vibrant pink mini skirt I wore... with tights (its far too cold to go without) but they completed an outfit that put me in the ranks of super cute when I walked in the door to my Intensive English Program volunteering. As always IEP is quite the adventure. There are people from so many different cultures that I want to talk to more! There is a student from southern China! Maybe he will teach me how to say more then "Lei hai sofa!" (I'm winging the spelling on that one) which is "You are a silly goose!" and Reagan will surely be impressed! And another girl from Saudi Arabia who I REALLY want to talk to more about what that country is like... someday I wish to visit there I think their culture is truely an interesting one... as well as many other students!

So today my shoes took me on an interesting adventure... alas, I was not able to have tea with the Mad Hatter... perhaps my shoes will save that treat for next time!

TIDBIT: My next talent that I wish to aquire is.... Japanese Tea Ceremony! I plan on starting lessons either in December or in January!! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Alice! Adorable....love the heels and the two toned black leather with ankle straps no less...I bet you did look adorable today. How many pairs of black heels do you own? Do I have to wait to find out? Yes! I can soooo see you perfecting the tea ceremony...check with DarlingDaughter about our experience at the Denver Botanic Gardens Tea House, Ceremony...It was a tough knee work out-30 minutes kneeling, but beautiful. Have you been? I'd highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete