Tuesday, June 9, 2009

THANK YOU!

As I posted yesterday things have been a wee bit on the difficult side. As I told Danielle today I think I was just having one of my bad days... and things are bound to get better! But I can't thank you my dear friends enough for your support! I'm so happy that I can come to you even if it is just me venting my paranoia.

I also wanted to post one of the many, very supportive messages that my USMC Girlfriend support group posted on my message... I never realized how big the hearts of other women can be!

"Hi Lindsey,
I know how you feel...but are you sure your not over reacting or taking it
completely the wrong way? Maybe he meant that he Misses you and want his
daily call with you because he misses you so much and that's why he HAD to
call you and not that you are on any to do list....maybe he was passing you around on the phone cause he is proud of you and it was more of a "Here, I'll grace you with a talk to my hot and cool girlfriend" than "Talk to my girlfriend, I don't want to so you do it" kinda goofy guy thing?

By now I hope you have been able to talk to him and that it was a better conversation. Personally, if it continued I'd tell him how you feel when he passes you around on the phone. And maybe you guys should talk every other day (if you are talking every day now, that is), so you have something to talk about. I have found myself, that on the rare occasions my marine and I don't talk one day, the next day's call is much longer and tends to have better quality.

Last but not least: if the case is (which I don't think it is) that he
is repetadly only calling you cause he is obligated and doesn't REALLY
want to, then it's his loss. You are a great strong girl and any man would be LUCKY to have you. And if he can't be respectful to you and make sure your needs are met (when USMC allows for it) as much as he can while you are seperated, although you are faitfully sitting at home and waiting for him and encourage him, then he doesn't deserve you! But I dont think that's the case :)

Maybe he is stressed or for some reason needed to be cool infront of the other boys. Every so often my man will be distracted and have stuff going on with his roomies while we talk. I would imagine that is normal every so often. But I'd have no problem pointing out if it was like that all the time, that I want to talk to HIM not his roomies. He can go in the bathroom for 5 min or so to call and say hi:)
Wow this turned out long hahaha.
Good luck Lindsey. Chin up. Go get some of your self esteem that I'm sure you have somewhere:)
Hugs,
Nettie"

Once again thanks everyone!
And I have talked to Reagan... and things are a little better. I didn't full on confront him about it all but I figure bit by bit is best for now!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! What a great support message. You do have wise friends. Glad things are better with Reagan and glad your happiness does not depend on his mood! Take good care of you!

    ReplyDelete