Thursday, June 25, 2009

JONAS BROTHERS WORLD TOUR REPORT


JONAS BROTHERS WORLD TOUR REPORT: THE MORNING AFTER
Yes I’m up surprisingly early for having been up until almost 1am last night… or rather this morning, but for some reason I just couldn’t stay asleep any longer. Anyway so onto the good stuff!
Last night I went to the Pepsi Center in Denver for the Jonas Brothers World Tour Performance! Let me say it was just spectacular, so much so that the thousands of screaming pre-teens didn’t put a damper on my mood (Unless you count the ringing in my ears this morning). So… here we go! And be fore warned this is gonna a be a long post!

TRANSPORTATION TO VENUE:
Like many of my fellow fans I opted for Denver’s light rail system to get me to and from the concert, for $4.50 I went from Lincoln Ave. to like literally the Pepsi Center’s front gate! That was really awesome! It was fast and easy and I didn’t have to pay $22 to park at the venue! WOOT WOOT! Also there were some really sweet younger girls that I talked to on the ride up! If you know I always take my plushies to every concert, and on the ride to the venue I let the girls look at them… granted it turned into a bit of bicker as two sisters argued as to who got to hold Nick the longest! (>o<) But it was fun for everyone none the less and I received many compliments on the dolls again.


PRE-CONCERT
Upon arrival my first mission was to sign the JB Tour bus as per tradition, however in order to do it this time… I had to have a guy lift me up on his shoulders, but he didn’t mind, I had let his little sister borrow my Sharpie and he was lifting his younger sister and was like “Since you’re not real tall you want me lift you too?” And I (Standing on my tiptoes and with barely a blank space in sight) was like… “Sure, I guess!” And did I mention he was like friggin’ huge! Turns out he’s in the Army. XDDD So I signed for me and my sister (who couldn’t go) on the golden logo! WOO!! After that it was straight to the merch table where I bought my tour shirt… I thought about buying a program but decided against it because I could get the scans from CUF or someone else later for free. Then it was line standing… I met a few friends and fellow fans from high school and college… however most of them had floor seats ‘cause they are TOTALLY obsessed, versus my seats in the lower deck… which were still awesome seats! Even though I sat in the wrong section for the opening acts (>x<)!


OPENING ACTS:
Okay so I have a bit of beef with this as I’m sure you’ve heard me rant that the WONDERGIRLS were joining the tour three days after my show! I hopefully will find a recording of them performing! I’d love to see it! But despite that Honor Society was really good; I think I may buy their CD sometime. They kept their set short and sweet which was great, and while they could have had a little more stage energy they were good! I felt a little bad because the arena was barely half full when they started and every opening band with talent deserves a full house to at least clap for them. It’s hard to open for a superband, ‘cause you know that no one is really there to see you. The other opening act was Jordan Sparks… who to be honest I could really care less about… and I think her wardrobe designer was on vacation on this tour. As a curvy woman she really should have stayed away from the outfits she wore. A strapless flapper mini and a mermaid cut full length gown, neither were flattering for her body… such as her thighs, chest, and backside. Aside from that distraction she sung well and once again the set list was short, which was nice cause her guitar player…. well sucked.

Now for the important part….


THE CONCERT!!!!!!!
Stage Setup: There was an elevated center stage that was constantly rotating, like on a Lazy Susan and the center that could be raised and lowered when needed, and two side stages… all were circular. One end had a crane that put them out over the audience and the other had a platform that raised them up many feet in the air, as well as having water effects later in the show.


Setlist: As best as I can remember, I always forget to write it down. And it’s not in order… sorry.
Paranoid
Fly With Me
Poison Ivy
Much Better
Black Keys
A Little Bit Longer
(Cover) Sweet Caroline
Turn Right
Live to Party
BB Good
Burnin’ Up
Lovebug
S.O.S
Hold On
Gotta Find You
Year 3000
That’s Just The Way We Roll
When You Look Me In The Eyes
Battlefield(?) w/ Jordan Sparks

SOME AWESOME THINGS THEY DID:
-As always they have the interactive texting boards, but I was sad that they didn’t have a fun pre intro piece like they did for Burnin’ Up Tour cause that was hilarious!


-They had an intermission (probably so Nick could rest a bit I’m sure a show takes soo much out of him) and during it they showed some of their YouTube clips. Such as, The Nick Jonas Show Ep. 1: Anger Management, JB meets the Queen, and Joe Jonas dancing to “Single Ladies”. So that was really funny!


-As always during A Little Bit Longer Nick talked about his battle with Diabetes and the opportunities he’s had to support research and about his charity to help children with diabetes, that portion of the show always makes me tear up a little bit.


-I forget what song it was for but at one point a portion of the stage flipped over into a trampoline and it was awesome to see the boys do tricks during the bridge, and I swear Joe was gonna eat it when he jumped over his mic stand! So that was awesome!


-During Live to Party they were raised out over the audience and sprayed water over the crowd.


- Probably my favorite part of the show was when they performed Lovebug. Not only do I love this song… but well it was just epic. The stage was quiet and empty and then on the end where my seats were Kevin popped up through a trapdoor dressed in a very “Singin’ In The Rain” outfit, umbrella and trench coat. He did a little dance and then snapped his fingers and it started raining on that side of the stage! SO SWEET! Then during Lovebug they stood on that side and played while it rained in shapes… yes shapes around them! Like hearts, and swirls, and even their name in water! It was pretty much the coolest things I’ve ever seen! I’m soo upset that my camera died before this song! But I still got a lot of good pics. Thank you modern concert technology!

FINAL NOTES:
All in all I would say that it was totally awesome show!! The Jonas Brothers always have a ton of energy for their shows and give it their all, so I give it a 9/10 (no one is perfect!) It was definitely worth the money I paid, and even though many portions of the concert I was on my own I had a SUPER AWESOME time! And thanks to Meredith my sis for letting me text her in near hysterics telling her what was going on but not having a good enough phone to take pics for her!

And if you’d like to view all 195 photos that turned out decent check my Photobucket account... and I will post an edit with the link when my PB stops acting like a retard!

Otherwise there is a synopsis on my facebook here: It should be publichttp://www.facebook.com/note.php?created&&suggest&note_id=121828950624#/album.php?aid=103629&id=678686930



PS: REAGAN GOT MY PACKAGE TODAY! I mailed him some homemade sugar cookies decorated for the 4th (early cause he's going home for then) and a letter! And he went to pick up mail today and then he set me a picture of him opening the box! I hope he remembers to share! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast! So glad you went...Wanted to let you know I tagged you in my last post! Look forward to reading 7 random things about you!

    ReplyDelete