Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lolita in the 16th Street


Well last night I went out with Danielle (Phen) in lolita! It was super fun! Even though we got confused on how to catch the lightrail back home! We went the wrong way first and then had to go all the way to the other end, because the F Line stops running at 9pm.... GRRR!

Anyway! So we spent the early evening shopping and just looking around and talking. We had several people ask us why we were dressed up... and as always our answer is "Just because!" *giggles* We also have many "point n' stares" especially middle aged wifes with their husbands... hilarious! I wish they would talk to us or ask of instead of just staring... gosh we don't bite!

We also heard some of the funniest things called to us, a couple were a bit rude.... When we first got there we heard some guy start shouting from across the street, "Hey! HEY! Dorthy! Why you look like that Dorthy!" (Ummm we look nothing like Judy Garland in the Wizard of Oz...) And later on another guy, shouted "Hey Bo Peep! Where your sheep at?! HEY!!! Muffit! Come sit on my tuffet!" Yes it was rather rude with vulgar implications but probably one of the funniest ones we'd ever heard!

However there was one guy who was just charming! He was working in one of the hotels around there I think, and when he saw us he goes, "Oh! Y'all are so adorable! Why you dressed up?" we told him. "He goes, "Oh really?! Well I'd love to just whip my outfit out and put it on!" He was joking about actually wearing lolita but he was just fun!

After walking and shopping and walking some more we went to the Cheesecake Factory! We always wondered why it is so dark in that restaruant?? Hmm... anyway, the hostess as she seated us kept looking back to stare at us and she did it so much I was pretty sure she'd strain her neck if she did it too fast! So we sat and enjoyed the bread with some water and then split a GIANT plate of nachos with chicken. They were delicious! Order the Factory Nachos! Then we had Lemon Raspberry Cream Cheesecake! The description was like "Raspberries, Lemon mousse, creamy cheesecake, vanilla cake and raspberry lady fingers..." OH! IT WAS SOOO PERFECT AND DELICIOUS!!! I think I have a new favorite!

Unfortunately we forgot to document the event but I do have a picture of my outfit before I left.

1 comment: