Friday, August 28, 2009

The Bad is Always Followed by the GOOD!

So a few days ago I found out the Reagan is going to soon have to make a tough decision. Because of his minor medical condition the USMC wants to "medically retire" him... my impression they are cutting budgets and want to boot out everyone who MIGHT cost them extra money... how rude... but c'est la vie. However if he wants to stay in and his CO and some board or something deem him worthy then he can have a permenant desk job. So the pros and cons of this.

GETTING OUT:
PROS:
-He doesn't deploy!
-He would recieve a large amount in compensation and still get his benefits (GI Bill etc.)
-He could possibly be with me more, as a civilan.

CONS:
-He would have to go to school and I think be wasting time and money figuring out what he wants to do.
-He may not be happy with civilan life.
-He may not find a job.
-I'm not that confident I could fully support his decision...

STAYING IN:
PROs:
-He will continue to have a steady job and income.
-It will be easier for him to get promoted with a different MOS.
-He will be able to have a career and "retire" at 42... which is goal is 45... soo...
-I can fully support his decision without question, and I have confidence of his success.

CONS:
-He may not enjoy his new job as much as infantry.
-The Marines may decide he is again fit for deployment... and who knows what that means.


Regardless, Reagan and I don't have all the information needed to make an educated decision but I ultimately want it to be his decision and for him to do it for the right reasons.


OKAY NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS:

I Skyped with Reagan last night! It was so wonderful to see him even if we couldn't be right with each other. Its like a date... that we both can have in our PJs. I miss seeing him smile and laugh... or make fishy faces with me! Hopefully this will be a more regular occurence and I won't have to miss him soo much all the time!

1 comment:

  1. Educate me: What is sype? video conferencing? Hope you had fun what ever it is! Sounds like a big life decision he's about to make. Does he have a wise counselor-type to help? Blessings and prayers for you both!

    ReplyDelete