Monday, August 17, 2009

To The Coast And Back


My trip was absolutely wonderful, but there was so much to talk about that I don’t really know where to begin… so pretty much a synopsis of the highlights should be sufficient.
I arrived in Raleigh right on time (5:10pm EST) on Tuesday which was really nice. The flight was long and I couldn’t help but fidget for the last thirty minutes of the flight. The airport was surprisingly small so I didn’t have any trouble getting down to where Reagan was going to pick me up but the silly man was waiting in a different spot then he said so he snuck up behind me and I nearly bopped him in the nose when he hugged me from behind. We ended up then driving around town for nearly an hour to find somewhere to eat we ALWAYS seem to get lost when we are together… but we settled on Outback Steakhouse…. one bowl of clam chowder and a strawberry smoothie later…. I was nearly passed out in the passenger seat of his Honda SI… praying I wouldn’t ruin the upholstery. Sad but true. I felt bad because I had promised him I would be full of energy and there I was feeling ill. But he didn’t seem to mind too much. The hotel was absolutely wonderful! After the two hour drive it was wonderful to stay in the Presidential Suite…. which was a pleasant surprise to say the least and we both enjoyed it very much!

Wednesday and Thursday were pretty nice and easy… we laid in bed till mid morning then spent the day in town and on base. Which I don’t know why he complains so much, Camp Lejeune is actually a very lovely base, with all the old style brick architecture and landscaping and such. But I guess since he’s there all the time it’s a bore. Seeing his barracks was an interesting experience. It was much smaller and arranged very differently then I’d originally thought… and not as clean (lol) but well they are men after all. I got to try on or at least poke at his gear. The helmet was SUPER heavy and so were the flak and Kevlar vest… I don’t know how he wears it on those humps of his. It was also really nice to meet all the men he works with they were really nice (even if his roommates were probably a bit crude) but they were charming none the less. I still can’t stop myself from puffing up a little bit with pride when I think of Reagan as a Marine. He works soo hard and I’m soo proud of him, even if he isn’t!!!! Anyway, in the evenings Reagan and I went out for dinner and wrapped things up with a nice dinner in a restaurant in town and some bubble baths in the whirlpool in our room. I think bubble baths are probably my favorite times with him. Its just so perfect to relax in the warm water and talk to each other and the only things we have to worry about are the bubbles running low or the water getting cold. I most definitely miss those few hours sitting in the tub getting prune-y fingers with him, perhaps sometime we can have bubble baths every night….


Anyway we spend Friday through Sunday in Myrtle Beach. We got lost on the drive AGAIN… cause Reagan and his silly GPS just can’t work well together… but we eventually made it in one piece. It was nice to be near the ocean again it made the muggy North Carolina weather a little more bareable. We stayed at the Sheraton which was another lovely hotel. (We really caught some deals on hotels!) We managed to see a major portion of the sites. The Ripley’s attractions… like the mirror maze… I adored the aquarium! I love them soo much, such beautiful places… we shopped until I was sure Reagan was ready to throw me over the rail at the Boardwalk! We even had time to go to the beach, I got sand everywhere… as usual!


On Saturday night we celebrated our sixth month anniversary a little early (It won’t be until the end of the month though…). We had a lovely diner at the Hard Rock… despite Reagan’s constant complaints… but he was the one who said “I wanna take you to a nice dinner… you know just the two of us…” And he even opted for the location we could have eaten elsewhere… but anyway… back to the point. Dinner was really nice and he had a wonderful gift for me….A pink rose preserved in lacquer and 24 karat gold…. soo beautiful! I felt bad cause I only managed to wear one of his favorite styles of lingerie as a gift for him that night… but I guess it is the thought that counts.


My last day in North Carolina was too short and came all too quickly and from the moment I woke up in Reagan’s arms till the time I was at the airport I was fighting back tears, Reagan told me to stop sniffling… but it didn’t help that he had to remind me he would be heading to Bridgeport soon for what I guess you would call pre-deployment training… well either way the flight home was a long one .


So… that’s really all I can say… I’ve left some of the colorful portions out… so if you want to hear all the hilarity… give me a buzz… cause for some reason blogging in more detail about more isn’t making me any happier…
>
I hope to see him sooner... because its getting harder to say goodbye....

No comments:

Post a Comment