Monday, June 7, 2010

Pages of Summer: New Book Smell!

So because I have found a suprising amount of time on my hands this summer so far... (Don't get me wrong I'm still REALLY busy) I've decided to treat myself. To some good Old Fashioned novels. Classics to be exact.

So much like my shoe blog from WAAAAY back I've decided to start another blog series. I'm hoping to catch up on a lot of reading this summer, and I've been on a Classical or Canon Literature binge! As an English major I'm concerned that a lot of us aren't really keeping an appreication for literature and worlds of days gone by, so I really wanna sink my teeth into some fun and dusty volumes for a change!
Not all of the books will be "classics" so I guess its more just to trace my summer reading!

Each post will include the book, a quick summary, fun quote, what I thought of the book (what sets it apart, motifs etc.), and maybe a few interesting facts along the way!

SO be on the lookout for what I've read so far!
Pride and Prejudice.... (Will most likely post this tomorrow) This one will have a special treat!
Wuthering Heights: (Actually had to read it for a class but re-read it week before last)
Jane Eyre: (Finished this one last week! Can't wait to write about it!!)

Sound like a good way to spend the summer? I thought so! I hope some of you readers will maybe pick up a book that I read as well this summer! Stimulating conversation is always wanted with me! So be on the lookout for the new blog series, PAGES OF SUMMER!!!

PS: Got a book I should read, lemme know! I'll be going to the library every week If not more!

No comments:

Post a Comment