Thursday, December 3, 2009

30 Soles: Special Travel Edition!

So last week I returned from the Carribbean. Grand Cayman in the British West Indies as a matter of fact! It was a most wonderful family trip and was absolutely beautiful! So in honor of that. A selection of the footwear from that trip!

UP FROM UNDER! I was barefoot bound on Monday! As my sister and I floated 450 ft. above the crystel blue ocean. I wish I could have taken a camera up in the parasail... but alas water and electronics do not mix well I'm afraid. It was such a wonderful experience to be up high with a bird's eye view and the boat pulling us fit just under my little toe!!




UNDER THE SEA! Tuesday came with a suprise! Another barefoot day and I spent the morning with stingrays, swimming feeding holding and occasionally stumbling upon one. Imagine slipping your foot over very fine sandpaper and then bumbling like a toddler into the water as a ray the size of a bed pillow swims up from under the sand where you were just standing. It is quite the experience. I love the extra contact with nature through my toes!
WHAT ARE THEY CALLED? OH FINS! Wednesday and Thursday were days of snorkeling and exploring more of Carribbean under water. So quiet and so beautiful! And I armed with my little flippers had the time of my life in the water but it's always odd to step back onto the sand awkwardly. I now know how penguins and ducks feel!





TOES IN THE SAND... COLD DRINK IN MY RIGHT HAND! When these day's adventures ended I was thankful for a warm sandy beach... and I'm proud to say that I think my toes are into a very deep love affair with the sand and sun!




So next time you hit the beach don't wear shoes!! It's much more intimate that way!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, oh! I loved this post! The fins made me laugh out loud, I was smiling at the feet under water, but the fins caught me off guard...love the sand picture and the idea of intimacy with the beach! Thanks so much for sharing...I'm still smiling here and it's late for me 11:11 pm...I know amazing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete