Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So my host sister from Japan when I was in high school was having a very bad day today and I gave her a call. Since she is now stateside... (Reno Nevada) and I didn't realize how much I missed her until now!

We talked about how she has had a persistant guy from high school keep saying he likes her and she doesn't like him and that was upsetting her, so I tried to give her some advice then she taught me a new word in Japanese!  It's: 告白 (こくはく) It's like used for a declaration of love!! I was like cool!! And we talked so we both got to practice our language skills, even though I'm a bit intimidated to talk to her still I think speaking a little bit of Japanese at least made her feel more comfortable.


And I talked to her about going to Yamagata and she says "Oh! I can't understand their accent! SOOO strange!" I laughed. She also has picked up some bad words while here and its just barely been a month! So far she's got f***, bitch (which I taught her waay back when), asshole and her new word... cunt... I was like! OH! Don't say that!!!


Anyway it was so nice to talk to her and I hope that she can come stay with me at the end of the semester or something or I can afford to go see her before she goes back to Japan. But as for today I'm hoping I made her day a little less sad.

PS: She also called me slim!! She's soo nice and we joked about being fat from American food and needing to both eat more salads! There is a recent picture of her taken in Nevada!


1 comment:

  1. You are a good friend! I'm betting it made both of you feel good to reconnect. Thanks for working to keep America's language clean-tee-hee! She looks like she's enjoying American food too! What a great burger...think I'll go have breakfast.

    ReplyDelete