Monday, April 20, 2009

The space between YOU and ME

TO: YOU

"I worry."

That's two words. I wish YOU would say more on that. Elaboration is... essential. What is the context and source of this "worry", what are YOU worrying about?

It tells ME nothing, are you worried about something small like apricots, how old those Chinese leftovers are, or are YOU worrying about something bigger, orders, insecurities, about ME and what I do, or someone else, or even for YOU? My list could go on for days.

YOU said YOU didn't know what to say and YOU didn't know what YOU were feeling, but what's more frustrating was your hesitation to try and communicate what was going on in that head of yours. It was ME that painfully yanked the meager morsels out of YOU. I wish I didn't have to do that.

YOU said, "If YOU were here it would be easier for ME to say." What difference does that make, sure YOU can look at ME but the same words, in the same tones I know so well are going to come out aren't they? And despite how this distance makes ME practially curl up in agony at night I know that it's better to have agony then not have YOU at all. So I just want YOU to be honest and brave for ME, just like I know YOU are.

I am frustrated that YOU hesitate to even say something. Just say something, it may sound wrong, or insane or just plain, made no sense, but at least YOU said something. You're still bothered by what ever it is, I can tell and that's got me bothered.

And so, YOU are one bothered, and ME, I am the other bothered....And two bothers is just another bother, when WE shouldn't have to be bothered at all.

Love,
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment