Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tipping the scale

So to keep in line with my goals for this year (I'm doing them on a month to month basis instead of a drawn out resolution) I really want to loose weight and reach 135lbs. I've been weighing myself on the scale at my parents home all my life, and just the other day I had a very discouraging realization...


That scale is off by about 20lbs!!! I shouldn't be surprised, but every time I went to the doctor they never said "Your current weight is..." it was just "Well you could loose a few pounds".


It was extremely discouraging to have a BRAND NEW scale of my own and see the number 160lbs staring me in the face.

I want to be happy with my body and I need to focus on my actual body measurements in addition to my weight... it was really surprising because as soon as I saw that new number, the image of what I looked like in the mirror totally changed... I was like, I can see why eating disorders are such an issue, when one little number can make me feel so uncomfortable with myself and see not a "healthy young lady" but the "chubby girl" of yesteryear... was really just well surprising!
On the plus side, I am still confident that as I continue to exercise and eat better I can loose the 25lbs and for perhaps the first time in many years I will be able to love myself inside and out.

I'm ready to do this for MYSELF and no one else!! Drop dead gorgeous here I come!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear girl. You are drop dead gorgeous right this very minute. You are not your weight. I know this is a soul battle as well as a body one. I encourage you on your journey to know that you are supported. Find those that can help you with what you need here. It's so much easier with the right systems in place. Hugs and kisses and prayers for living a gorgeous and wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete