Saturday, October 30, 2010

Getting Dolled Up!

So as I'm sure you can tell life has been keeping me so busy that I can barely catch up let alone blog. But today as I have barracaded myself in my apartment for some studying and such I am taking a short break to post a little of what I've been up to.



A few weeks ago CSU's ASAP and CSU Swing Society hosted a concert with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy as the headliner! It was wonderful and while swing isn't my favorite it was a lot of fun dancing the night away. Gab's and I even ventured to dress up vintage for the event!







On the 23rd of this month I attended the Wild Goose Masqarude Ball with Gab's and some friends. This was much more to my taste as far as dancing goes... and I love polkas and fast waltz! But a note to self make sure you get the dress done well ahead of the day. Sewing on trim three hours before is no fun. And my hair was delightful!







Yesterday our tiny apartment was filled to the brim with Japanese exchange students and Japanese language students for a pumpkin carving/Halloween party! It was lots of fun and I will post pictures in another post early next week.

Tonight in North Carolina is Mr. Marine's last USMC Birthday Ball, this time next year he will be a college student and working towards becoming an officer in the Air Force. Its so odd thinking that soon he won't be a Marine anymore... well officially, am I ready to make this transition and such a big life step with him? I honestly can't say, I'm pretty scared for the future, but I really should focus on today, and maybe just tomorrow and let things come as they may.


Well that's really all I have time to chat about, its time to hit the books yet again! And I'm thinking of changing the name of this blog... any suggestions?


PS: It looks like I'm gaining weight... I need to get back into the gym.... sigh.

2 comments:

  1. You girls look cuuuuuuute!! What a nice reason to doll oneself up! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both the outfits, so cute! I actually ventured into rag curling mysel for a retro-witch outfit I made for the Halloween Carnival.I personally think you look awesome in retro wear!

    ReplyDelete