Sunday, September 19, 2010

What's Keeping Me Busy!

Once again fall semester is proving to be a whirlwind for me again.

So far I've been scrambling to stay afloat in all my classes, its the Japanese that's killing me. (I spend more time studying for this class which is in my minor then all my reading and homework for Chaucer, Shakespeare and Phonology combined) Beecken-sensei's expectations are so high and even when I do my best work I still feel a bit ashamed that its not going to be good enough.


And we have our inclass composition which is essentially a research paper in Japanese that we have to write in class. I'm scared.


Last weekend I went to the Nan Desu Kan (the Denver Anime Convention) It was really laid back I only had one cosplay (which was photographed ALOT) that Gabs and I stayed up on like three nights finishing but it looked great! Gabs is always such a lovely friend. A photo of the finished product... and a panda for good measure.


Our next sewing project is a Regency style gown for the Fall Ball! I'm excited for it to turn out! Think Charlotte Bingley of Pride and Prejudice. Very excited!!


Mr. Marine and I fought pretty badly about a week ago. It was horrible and I don't really want to eleaborate too much but it was a productive fight. We addressed some of the awkward elephants in our relationship. And now we are as happy as can be for the moment. Dealing with plans for the future is tough! His enlistment is up this Spring so we are working on what is to happen next together. Its a big step for him and I hope everything will work out alright!


This weekend has been rather easy, I read my Shakespeare aloud to Gabs while she baked an apple pie! And then we spent the evening watching Phantom of the Opera and Pearl Harbor which she had never seen before! We decided we need to watch Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo-Jima. Which are probably the most wonderful... in a way of war films I have ever seen!

Well its time for me to get ready for a tea ceremony event so its time to pull out my yukata and brush up on sitting seiza!


NEXT POST: My beloved Fernando... Repotted

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, fun photo LDP! Hope I can see you perform tea ceremony at some point. I'm sure you are very beautiful to watch. Sounds like you two girls had a fun weekend. I can picture you reading and Gabs baking...I love to be read to...bet Gab enjoyed it a lot. Was it a comedy? Glad you and Mr. Marine were able to talk about the future. Learning to communicate well together is important. I'm sending you all light and love and His blessings. Mwaah, big kiss.

    ReplyDelete