Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Marine Comes to Colorado!

Okay so this maybe a little long winded, and its way overdue. IMAGE HEAVY!!!

So on August the 12th my Marine came for a visit! As always it was a glorious experience, but I really loved it more because he stayed at the house with my family! I think he found it a bit uncomfortable though. Oh how I love him for putting up with me! Anyway, I really enjoyed having a week where it was more like a traditional “courtship” instead of feeling like an old married couple (you know get up together and go to bed together sort of thing) which don’t get me wrong, I loved, but at the same time this new twist on our relationship I thought was a lot of fun and enjoyable, I don’t think he felt the same though, even though he kept assuring me he was having a good time.
So some of the things we did… because being outside in the Colorado Summer is the BEST!
Went to the zoo…



Took the COG Railway up to the top of PIKES PEAK, donuts at 14,000ft…. delicious!



Hiked in Garden of the Gods




Ventured to Denver for the planetarium and PURIKURA!


My family also hosted a BBQ so that some of my family-like friends could meet him which was a ton of fun, but afterwards Reagan and I passed out and took a nap for like two hours! Oops!

Also sorry there aren’t fun outfits and GAL, when he visits I think he likes it when I keep it to an minimum because it takes me awhile to get “beautiful” that and we were spending A LOT of time outside so GAL isn’t so much fun when hiking and getting dirty and such, at least I don’t think so.
After those few peaceful days he made the trek to Ft. Collins with me to help me move into my new apartment! We went to the drive in movie theater (Saw Despicable Me and Inception which was epic!) got moved in and just sort of puttered around and lazed about in bed all day.
This was the last few days of his trip…. And it always puts me in a strange mood. Instead of crying when he left I was able to smile and wave… because I cried the night before. I think it is getting easier for me to say goodbye because I know that we are strong and will see each other again soon…. Well that is unless he gets picked for this boarder patrol thing where he could be in the Middle East for 2 months to 2 years… that I think would be really unbearable….
But I don’t want to think about that right now. For now I’m looking forward to the family vacation in November that he is coming along on! San Diego look out! Papa and Mama Bear are coming to see the PANDAS!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That twelfth photo is amazing. Looks like the two of you are standing in the middle of praying hands. Like that thought a lot. You are in His hands. Keep reminding yourself that and it will help you not to worry about the future. Blessing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fotos! I'm glad you had such a good time together! :-)

    ReplyDelete